Adapted September 10, 2023
Contributing Writer Anna Y.T. Chui Anna is the Editor-in-Chief and content Strategist of Lifehack. Read full profile
Stuck in your usual routine? Looking for some new sparks of inspiration? A great way to refresh is by trying some new sources to encourage creativity and shake things up a bit. Even if you have ideas, it's good to get new insights and perspectives. Last month I tried something new by participating in a free Virtual Field Trip with Creative Mornings...it was so fun! It aligned perfectly with my choice of picking my Word of the Year.
We love this list of 30 ways to spark your creativity for plenty of options to get your creative juices flowing!
Taught by Water Color Artist, Animator, and author Volta Voloshin-Smith. She had such a gentle way about her and was utterly engrossed in the exercises she walked us through and inspired me to do more!
If you feel stuck and unmotivated, you may need a little boost. We all feel uninspired at times. The good news is that it's a natural part of the creative process and something everyone struggles with sometimes. It's normal! The next time you're in a creative dead zone, read this list of 30 ways to spark your creativity
30 Simple Things to Spark Creativity and some helpful links to get you there
1. Change Your Environment: Venture to a new coffee shop for your next WFH session
3. Create a Vision Board: Create a quick one on Canva and save it to your desktop
4. Get Back to Nature: Get ideas with this app
5. Visit Your Local Bookstore
6. Try a New Creative Art Form: Do you usually draw all your sketches in AI? Refresh your brand with these exercises
8. Learn About the History of Your Craft: Here is a personal favorite
9. Research What Others in Your Field Are Doing
10. Listen to a New Type of Music
11. Try Meditating: Check out this YouTube channel we love
12. Follow Ten People Who Inspire You on IG or Linkedin
13. Give Yourself the Gift of Time
14. Read an Inspiring Blog Post: Here is one we love
15. Go Beyond Your Comfort Zone: Read How To Get Out of Your Comfort Zone in 6 Simple Steps
16. Watch a Great Film- Old Hollywood Classics perhaps?
17. Read an Autobiography of Someone You Admire: A Few We Love in Fashion
18. Google Creativity Quotes Online
.19. Journal Your Thoughts: Check out these tips from Tiny Buddha
20. Ask Someone about Their Greatest Life Lessons
21. Watch an Inspiring TED Talk: Search "Fashion Design" and a variety of topics come up
22. Read One of the Classics: The Great Gatsby for dress inspiration anyone?
23. Experiment With Your Materials Without Pressure
24. Ask Your Creative Friends About their Projects
25. Start Before the Inspiration Strikes
26. Give Yourself A Little Note: Positive affirmation notes to self
28. Volunteer: Here is a way to find ideas
29. Travel: On a budget? Volunteer and travel at the same time!
30. Strike Up A Conversation With A Stranger: Top Tips from Life Hack
Final Thoughts These are just some ideas to get you started. Which ones resonate with you? Just pick a few, or pick 1 or 2 each month and see what comes out of it. You don’t have to try much to get inspired. Just look around you, and learn to appreciate all the little things. Be creative; go out of your comfort zone; do something you’ve always thought about but haven't done yet. Let us know how it goes!
This article contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through the links in this article, I will make a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.