Several years ago I started a new ritual to greet each new year. Instead of setting New Year's resolutions that quickly fade away, I chose to pick a one-word "intention." I keep it simple enough that I will easily remember and continue to refer back to it throughout the year. The only rule that applies to the intention is that it must be ONE WORD. Yep, that's right, just ONE WORD that will be my focus. The WORD OF THE YEAR or, as I call it, my intention, sets the tone for the year ahead.
My passion is to learn—to study, research, travel and take in everything I can that the world around me has to offer. By continually exploring, I grow in both my personal and my professional life. I want to fill my year with new explorations. I want to unearth fresh knowledge of myself and tap into new skills. Through exploring, I will expand my world more than ever before—stretching beyond my comfort zone, learning exciting new skills, and welcoming new people, hobbies, passions, and even dislikes into my life. And with Inside Fashion Design, I will be able to carry back so many of these treasured new discoveries to share them with you, dear reader!
Definition of explore
Explore is a verb that means "to travel in or through." You might explore an island, a European city, or the rooms of an unfamiliar house.
The Latin root of explore is explorare, meaning "investigate or search out." When you explore a new place, you want to see interesting things and get to know its people. Whenever you delve into something, or investigate it, you explore it. You can even explore an interest, like when you explore African art, or explore an idea or tendency in order to understand it — you can explore your fear of snakes to try to get over it.
What will be your ONE WORD for the year?
Need some more help? Google the word you are thinking of, + quotes, ie; Explore + Quotes. See what comes up for your word!
This is what I found for Explore:
THE BEST SHORT EXPLORE QUOTES
1) “BE FEARLESS IN THE PURSUIT OF WHAT SETS YOUR SOUL ON FIRE.” – JENNIFER LEE
2) “NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST.” – J.R.R. TOLKIEN
3) “THE JOURNEY NOT THE ARRIVAL MATTERS.” – T.S. ELIOT
4) “OH THE PLACES YOU’LL GO.” – DR. SEUSS
5) “JOBS FILL YOUR POCKETS, BUT ADVENTURES FILL YOUR SOUL.” – JAIME LYN BEATTY
6) “I HAVEN’T BEEN EVERYWHERE, BUT IT’S ON MY LIST.”- SUSAN SONTAG
7) “OF ALL THE BOOKS IN THE WORLD, THE BEST STORIES ARE FOUND BETWEEN THE PAGES OF A PASSPORT” – UNKNOWN
8) “TRAVEL IS THE ONLY THING YOU BUY THAT MAKES YOU RICHER.” – ANONYMOUS
9) “TRAVEL FAR ENOUGH, YOU MEET YOURSELF.” – DAVID MITCHELL
10) “TO TRAVEL IS TO LIVE.” – HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN
More Ideas to get you going!
I would love to hear what you all come up with for your Word of the Year! Send a note to Design@insidefashiondesign.net Follow us along in 2020 to see how we continue to EXPLORE and what new things we learn that we can share with you! And I leave you with one more quote:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts, Your thoughts become your words, Your words become your actions, Your actions become your habits, Your habits become your values, Your values become your destiny.” Ghandi
Now go and find your word! Already well into the year? No worries...this works anytime!!
Peace, Love and Blessings! Britta